Pictures from Senegal

Peace Corps 50th Anniversary, 1961–2011

Wednesday, October 21

Day 1

Today is my first full day on my own schedule, at my site, as a volunteer.

My successes for the day are reviewing my African finances (analyzing, portioning, and setting a budget), having successful conversations with my brother and mother that lasted for about an hour each, learning a few new Wolof words, and NOT taking a nap.

My failures are not knowing my brother's name (Issa; I find out later), not completing unpacking, taking longer than necessary to review the finances, not eating breakfast (my family's version of failure), and not taking enough showers in the day.

Must focus on the accomplishments, and do one little thing for myself each day. Yesterday, little America time was when I watched a movie. Today, it was meeting up with Josh and the Texans for beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment